Monday, 20 February 2012

Love Canvas

This is a project that has been lingering on my desk for a few weeks, and although I finally finished it ahead of Valentines day, our unexpected trip to Scotland meant I didn't get around to sharing it.

I used several different blanks, a couple of Tim Holtz bits and my last few pieces of a favourite 7Gypsies paper (called Requiem I think) and various inks and paints.

I covered the square blank from Eco Green Crafts with their paint in Sand and added a few smears and smudges of Ranger Distress Inks in Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany - neither were quite the right colour but together..... The hearts were inked with Aged Mahogany Distress Stain coated with Fired Brick Distress Crackle Paint then smeared with Viva Inca Gold in a light gold shade.

I painted the edges of the word blank with the same paint and then covered the front with the scriptiest - maybe not a word but you know what I mean - scrap of my precious paper, sanded the edges with an emery board then smeared with the two red Distress Inks and smidge of Brushed Corduroy.

I stamped the Love Wordblock stamp from Darkroom Door in Versamark onto the scraps of paper with the Harlequin background and embossed them in Ranger's Detail Brass Embossing Powder and then did the same with the heart images from the Hero Arts Untitled Love plate. The remaining scraps of the paper I then tore into strips, inked the edges and stuck them to the base with Rangers Matt Medium.

I stamped an unmounted script stamp from my stash inked with dabs of both red Distress Inks, (yes, together on the same stamp!) dried that and then used Versamark and the Detailed Brass Embossing Powder too. I then cut up the Wordblock words and stuck them and the heart images down with more Matt Medium.

I hung the hearts in the aperture using fine twine and secured them, one hanging towards the front and one the back, by lining the aperture with Tim's Tissue Tape. I then went a little mad with the Tissue Tape and wrapped both the outside of the square and the word with it too.

I added some inked 7Gypsies ribbon to an Ideaology token, and an inked Ideaology Ticket attached with a Memo Pin, a few more general smudges of ink and Inca gold and then left it alone - the bit I always find hardest - and it was done.

Back later in the week with some Studio 490 samples and over at tomorrow with some 'photos from Stitches. Meantime pop over to the DT blog at where there are some really inspirational projects using Studio 490, with the chance to win goodies too!

See you then xx