Saturday 23 March 2013

Experiments in colour......

Hello there.
 
Those of you who know me well will recognise my addictions below - stamps (of course), black ink (preferably Tsukineko's Versafine in Onyx Black), backgrounds, 'nothing' stamps (not stamps of nothing that would be really silly, but stamps that are not of something in particular therefore versatile), really nice smooth white paper (ideal for stamping on), really fine detailed stamps, layers, alphabet/word stamps, very little colour and certainly no strong colours - other than black & white. 
You're getting the theme now lol!  
 
 
Even when I journal or scrapbook I find myself needing stamps, can't doodle, never hand write, never draw - can't, it's why I stamp, never use strong colours - other than black & white!
 
 The page above is very typical of the sort of journal page I enjoy creating, even though it does include some of my very messy handwriting.
 
Now, nothing wrong with creating things just because you enjoy the process, it's called a hobby! It's started me thinking though about why I find myself in the same groove. I have very little time to create so it's easy to reach for the 'go to' products because I know they will work for me, I will relax and be mostly pleased with what I make = good use of scarce time.
But is it the best use of my time?
 
Which brings me to........
 
 
my newest journal which I have decided will be all about my experiments in colour. I am going to make a real effort to use colour, especially those shades I am not so keen on, and hopefully learn something about the best use of my time along the way. Results to follow.....
 
What are your 'go to' products? what would you experiment with?
 
Do tell xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. fab pages in both journals.....it's always good to step out of our comfort zone and just play with new products, or even products we already use but using them differently....looks like you're having fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your vintage pink/brown projects in Craft Stamper this month xx

      Delete
  2. Great pages ...my go toos are blues and browns..distress of course..stains,inks and now even paints..love working in monochrome and find colour a tricky thing!trace x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your Indigo Blue challenge piece this week, all blues and silver. I too am definitely a monochromatic girl xx

      Delete
  3. I don't think I realized you had another blog besides the business one..sorry. Beautiful journal pages here! Both ate fab! Each evoking a different mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thrilled to see you dropped by here Anita thank you xx

      Delete
  4. I thought I'd commented here a few days ago ..... must have got interrupted as usual, lol! Anyway ......

    I am priviledged to have seen these irl and they are beautiful and brave! I always seem to vere towards dusky mauves unless I consciously stop myself although I love any earthy, dusky shades. I am rather scared of the dramatic which actually applies to me in life too I just realised!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ordinary in life myself Lesley so perhaps the security of using 'go to' colours is just an extension of that lol!

    ReplyDelete