Tuesday 18 June 2013

Experiments with Distress Paints Part 1

Firstly, apologies for being MIA for way too long but sometimes life just gets in the way - I'm sure it's the same for everyone at some point.

A few weeks back I was having a little play carrying out important research for Snazzys with some new products which had found their way to my desk and I thought I'd share the results here ....

 
This is simply a 7" x 5" canvas board which I covered with Ranger's Antique Linen Distress Paint and whilst that was still wet, added DP in Walnut Stain, Broken China and more Antique Linen, one at a time at the top of the board, spritzed with water and allowed to run, drying between layers.
 
I then added some texture paste through a Prima Crackle Stencil, dried it, and with the stencil replaced, inked with Broken China Distress Ink at the top and Walnut Stain at the bottom. background complete in less than 10 minutes - result! 
 
The stamps are from Dylusions Monster Mash and I made a cover for the bell jar from Studio 490 Clearly for Art, heated and curved around a coffee cup to add dimension. The eyeballs were triple layer embossed in the centre using a Versamark Pen as was the monster's tongue, again to add a bit of dimension and contrast. The quote is also from Dylusions, this time the Christmas Words plate - you just never know when your Christmas stamps will come in handy lol!
 
Now, I had intended to stamp the tree from Dylusions other new release, Mischevious Malcolm to hang the bell jar of escaping eyeballs from but, having stuck the monster down with good old Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue (therefore never to be unstuck), I hadn't left enough space. Change of plan and a few copper jump rings and matching chain had to do.
 
I so wanted not to like these paints but they are fantastic and allow you to create background effects, very simply, in a way which would not be possible with other acrylic paints I have used. Addicted then lol!
 
I will be back on Thursday with Part 2 of my Experiments with Distress Paint and Part 3 will follow on Saturday.
 
Thanks for looking xx
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love those stamps and I love what you have made with them, fab!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun - great stamps, and such cool use of the chain!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've managed to avoid seeing those quirky stamps ........ till now. Aaargh! I don't want to like them, lol! Same goes for the Distress Paints really but it looks like you're going to sell them to me over the next few days if this first fab piece is anything to go by.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete