Thursday 19 December 2013

Bad, bad blogger!

Hello everyone - no, not Mr Blogger, just me. I am trying not to remember how long it is since I shared anything here, no excuses just life and a lack of mojo I'm afraid.

Finally, I have made a little project that wasn't intended as a workshop, with an idea that started out exactly as it finished up - a remarkable achievement for me lol!

I gathered together a leftover canvas board, texture paste, stencils, gesso, scraps of paper, stamps (of course), inks, embossing powders, washi tape and liquid acrylics.

 
I started by adding texture with gesso and texture paste - most of which was lost as I got a bit carried away with some papers left over from a 6x6 paper pad which were just randomly cut into strips and layered in place with Eco Green Crafts Matte Medium. I then added some strips of washi tape and got to work with some Kaisercraft background stamps and WOW detail embossing powders in Black and White. I then dripped some liquid acrylic in a very vibrant green plus some random splatters and topped that with some further stamping on some scraps of white vellum plus the title, which is a freebie stamp from the cover of a recent edition of Craft Stamper.
 

 
I made a variation if this project in my Journal which I am thinking of using as a blog background if I can work out how to size the image to get it to load - techie son required.
 
 
I really enjoyed making this one, lots of ink, paint and stamps with my favoutite black & white papers, right up my street and if it's your kind of thing too Snazzys have asked me to run a workshop on Saturday 11 January - full details over at http://snazzystampingandscrapbooking.co.uk/january.html
 
That's all from me today I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year xx
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment