Wednesday, 24 August 2011

7Gypsies Lille

When we were putting the first DT packs together in June I was just so envious of the papers we were sending out - hardly surprising given my addiction to 7Gypsies! I asked the Headmaster if I could please have a kit too, maybe less politely than that but you get the gist.
He did say yes, but only if I promised to create a FINISHED (his shouty emphasis as he knows me sooo well!) workshop project with it. So here it is...

Given my obsession with making little books the outcome was hardly surprising.

Made from the spare envelopes the Envelope Fairy keeps depositing in the workshop card drawer,

with tags for photos, journalling etc in each pocket,

all the papers in the Lille range plus both the matching stamps, inked with Tsukeniko Versafine in Crimson Red - which is nothing of the sort but rather a sort of brick colour - but very nice anyway, and some of my favourite Tim Holtz background stamps inked in Vintage Photo.

A bit more Vintage Photo on the edges and the tags applied with my trusty stippling brush as I am next to useless with the Ranger Applicator Tool - too heavy handed I fear!

Just about sums me up really but one of my favourite projects nonethless.
Thanks for visiting.
Val xx

p.s. If you want some fantastic inspiration pop over to Snazzy's Design Team Blog here, where all the team have blogged lots of wonderful projects using this pack over the past month.

Tuesday, 23 August 2011


Welcome to Inky Exploits. I have created this blog so I can rattle on about my long standing addiction to stamps and everything inky and share some of the projects I have made for no better reason than I wanted to.

This little project was the result of playing with Ranger Distress Stains on Grungeboard and Grungepaper with stamps from the wonderful Wendy Vecchi.

Some of the pieces were inked with Distress Inks, including the backs of all the flowers and butterflies which I always do as I am a bit (!!) obsessed about the finish on pieces.

My younger daughter added the little beaded bodies to the butterflies as I lost patience with the fidly bits, and the words are from Wendy Vecchi too.

I finished it off with some shrink plastic letters inked with
co-ordinating colours of Ranger Alcohol Inks. I rather liked the finished piece and I certainly loved the way the distress Stains covered the Grungeboard and Grungepaper so easily.

p.s. checkout the Snazzys DT blog here next Monday where a little bird tells me Gillian will be sharing some very useful info on Distress Stains 

Hope you liked the project, at least enough to pop back tomorrow to see what I made with the Design Team's first project pack lol! 
Thanks for looking.
Val xx