Thursday 12 November 2015

So Thankful

I thought I'd share a layout I made today, just because........ I had a couple of stunning photos of the central walk through The Meadows in Edinburgh which I grew to know well as I strode between the grotty flat share I was living in and my classes at the University many, many moons ago. The old Royal Infirmary might be long gone, to be replaced by beautiful sleek apartments but the peace and beauty of the tree lined paths remains a very happy Autumn memory of light filtering through those russet leaves.

I almost titled this post Leftovers #2 as the background paper is leftover BoBunny, and the leaves were stamped using Tim Holtz Falling Leaves (an old favourite), then hand cut from leftovers from Kaisercraft's Scrap Yard papers or die cut with Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Leaves and Mini Tattered Leaves using random old book pages coloured with Distress Inks. The Kraft cardstock was leftover from next Saturday's Christmas mini book workshop project plus some other bits from my scrap tray. There is always something deeply satisfying to my thrifty Scottish blood when I can create a project out of almost nothing lol!

A very basic layout if a bit time consuming, but I did have a very relaxing afternoon which is the point really.

Thank you for joining me, I hope to see you here again soon x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment